Our Client is urgently seeking a passionate Chef de Partie or Junior Sous Chef for their fabulous establishment based just 2 miles from Goodwood Racecourse on the beautiful South Downs. This historic establishment has an excellent reputation for fantastic home cooked food and a friendly welcome, a real English country pub and bed and breakfast establishment.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in using fresh produce and have flair and imagination for the plate, a calm and methodical working attitude and the ability to rise to peaks in trade and to cover the Head Chef when needed.
You will have the following attributes:
- Be an enthusiastic and passionate chef with particular preference for producing fabulous mains
- A sincere passion for food
- Be experienced and enjoy using fresh produce
- Be a complete team player, flexible and enthusiastic
- Be willing to learn and take direction from this establishment's fantastic Head Chef
- Have experience of working in a busy kitchen which can cover anything up to 400 covers per day during peaks and with functions
This is an urgent requirement so immediate availability is advantageous. The hours are a mixture of split and straight shifts to help give a real work/life balance, however, during peak periods a willingness to muck in with all hands on deck will be a pre-requisite. This is a permanent role with a salary of c£23k.
****Own transport is essential due to the location****