As a Line leader you will be for ensuring that everything on the line the Line Leader operates, is operating in an efficient manner and the line keeps moving.
The Line Leader is responsible for ensuring the labels and other packaging is appropriate for the line.
The Line Leader will liaise with the Department Leader – Production at the commencement of the shift to take instruction on the orders to be processed for the day. Any issues or variances that occur on the line need to be resolved by the Line Leader or if this is not possible escalated to the Department Leader-Production to ensure the efficient running of the line.
Location: Barnham – West Sussex
Pay: £21,000 per annum.
Assignment Duration: Temporary to Permeant
Key duties will include the following:
- Liaising with the Department Leader –Production to understand the work and targets to be completed during the shift.
- Interrogating the computer system as required and setting the pace and speed of the production line according to the merchandise and tasks to be achieved.
- Meeting and greeting new agency workers to ensure health and safety awareness training is conducted and tasks are fully explained and understood.
- Training and coaching agency workers as required.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of agency workers and taking corrective actions as necessary.
- Liaising with the relevant Department Leader to advise of staffing requirements as required.
- Liaising with other functional Department Leaders and Section Leaders as required to ensure stock moves from one part of the finishing process to another to ensure the lines are kept moving throughout the shift.
- Carrying out quality checks to ensure that stock is correctly labelled and presented as required and assembled on the trolley to minimise spoilage and rejects.
- All quality and Production Paperwork must be completed and signed.
- Dealing with exceptions as required.
- Investigating reasons for errors and implementing continual improvement processes to prevent repeated errors where possible. Reporting and monitoring error rates and variances as required.
- Ordering stocks of consumables in sufficient quantities and in a timely basis to meet business needs.
- Ensure Production lines and area is kept clean and tidy at all times – this includes cleaning
- gutters and tank blockages – labelling waste paper into bin – clearing water build up on floor.
- Production lines must be cleaned down at the end of shift ready for next day’s production.
- Any other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Works in a proactive systematic manner.
- Ability to plan and co-ordinate tasks and people.
- Ability to manage people.
- Good communication skills. (in written and spoken English)
- Strong interpersonal skills (used to working with people of all backgrounds and Nationalities)
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel)