The many friendly pubs and restaurants of Bognor Regis and its surrounding areas make popular destinations for holiday makers and locals alike. So, as we look ahead to what will hopefully be a wonderful summer in Britain’s sunniest town, where has opened its doors already?
It’s been a long old period of lockdown and many of us have been missing the chance to get together at the pub with friends in true Great British style.
So, now that COVID-19 restrictions have lifted slightly and we can socialise in pubs and restaurants again, albeit, socially distanced and sat outside, you might be asking yourself, which pubs, cafes and restaurants are open in Bognor Regis and which aren’t.
Pubs and cafes in Bognor Regis which are open
Here’s a list of ten of the places in and around Bognor Regis that have opened up their gardens for outdoors drinking and dining since the restrictions were lifted on April 12.
- T-bone – alfresco dining in Bognor Regis town centre – also serves drinks and cocktails
- The Fox Inn, Felpham – traditional, much loved village pub
- Hotham Park Cafe – kid friendly cafe, situated in the heart of Hotham Park
- The Waverley – outdoor seating right across the road from Bognor Regis beach
- The William Hardwicke – situated in Bognor Regis town centre, recently benefited from a deep clean and refurbishment
- The Hatters Inn – a Wetherspoon pub and another Bognor Regis town centre favourite
- Blakes Bar and Beach Terrace – brand new, seafront location in Felpham village
- The Alex – well lit garden, live sports shown on outdoor screens
- The Punch and Judy – beer garden open until 1am on Saturdays
- The Claremont Inn – local community pub showing live sport
Experts predict that the majority of UK residents will choose to holiday at home this year, following the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. As such, it’s good to see so many Bognor Regis bars and restaurants able to open their doors again ready for the summer season.
So all that remains is to ask yourself, which one will you be visiting first?